Christmas 2011 has come and gone! This is our third Christmas away from home. We have begun our own traditions that the kids look forward to each year.
The day after Thanksgiving is the day we always put up the tree. There are no black Friday sales here, so decorating is just the thing to do.
Making Christmas cookies and decorating them is something we love to do too. Although, this year the kiddos ended up getting bored and letting me finish the decorating! That's ok, I love to decorate cookies.
This year I made 20 small loaves of pumpkin bread and a couple batches of peanut brittle to pass out to friends and co-workers. On Christmas Eve we went around town delivering these.
This year we had a fun office Christmas party. The kids and adults participated in a gift exchange. There were even tears shed as coveted presents were stolen. It was fun!
A couple of weeks before Christmas a group of ladies got together and we went down to the red light district in our town and went caroling. It was a huge blessing to share Jesus with these ladies. You can read an article here on our experience.
On Christmas Eve we had two couples over who were spending their first Christmas away from family. We enjoyed taco soup, cornbread, homemade cherry cokes, cookies and cupcakes! I love how the Lord provides family when we are so far away from our families.
On Christmas morning I woke up with the worst crick in my neck. There was no mobility in my neck. So I spent the day lying in the floor with a heating pad! I always try to make a special breakfast and this Christmas it was cereal. :( The family took good care of me and waited on me hand and foot. We opened presents and spent the day playing.
The last three years we have always finished off Christmas day with a waffle dinner. We did that again this year!
I think the best part of Christmas has been having my sweetheart home for 4 days!
Now we look forward to the beginning of a new year! I love new years...it is like a blank canvas offering lots of promise and hope for the year!
Here are a few photos of our 2011 Christmas!
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pages
Powered by Blogger.
0 responses:
Post a Comment