It is a Saturday morning here in the sunny and hot country of Thailand.
Sassy is reading in bed and Rocket is in bed just being lazy. I decided I want to write a little before we head down to the kitchen to eat breakfast. We moved over to our guesthouse this past weekend. We are much thankful for beds, a kitchen that is fully furnished, and air-conditioning. This week has been so busy with last minute things like finishing out our house, getting CHEAP haircuts, eating at friend's houses, swimming and just trying to stay cool.
Did I mention how hot it is here??
Yesterday we attempted to take family pictures around this side of town. It was hot and we will probably have sweat beads dripping off our faces in the pictures, but my family was so sweet to humor me. :)
Hubby and I got in a date last night too. We went to the really great Italian restaurant and then I forced him to go get a foot massage with me. He has this thing about the whole massage industry here. For that I am thankful. A friend of a friend who works with couples says that 80% of adultery among believers (workers like us) starts in these massage parlors. Men go in innocently and then over time it turns into adultery. My love says he doesn't even want to put himself in that situation. I do love him for that!
Back to the foot massage...I wanted one and I wanted him to do it too. He was pretty grossed out before we walked it..."I don't want someone rubbing my feet, yuck!" HA!
By the end of the foot massage, yes he did it, he was relaxed and said he enjoyed it!
We had the best kid sitter last night too. She took the kids to MK, their favorite soup place and then over to Swensen's and let them order anything they wanted! She is for sure a favorite friend of theirs forever! She also took our family photos!
Today we are heading to our favorite outside shopping market. The kids are not thrilled. I can guarantee we won't shop long with 105 degree temps. Tonight we are having Hubby's Bible study families over for a last meal. We will say some goodbyes tonight. Sad. :(
Only four more days until we board the plane.
0 responses:
Post a Comment