In my life this week…We survived! Yes, it has been one of those weeks when I asked God, why me?? Why did you call me to home school? The great thing about home school is that I know next week will be better!
I think most of my problems reside in selfishness...wanting to do things other than teaching my kids. Something I know I need to work on. I remind myself that these days are passing fast and I will long to have them back one day!
In our home school this week…Rocket and I finished Pocahontas and he was a bit disappointed at the ending. Little Lady and I are suppose to be reading The Master Puppeteer but that book is hard to read! The chapters are extremely long and the words are extremely difficult! I had hoped my sweetheart would read it to her, but he doesn't have time. We will see if I continue it or not. :) I did teach Sassy to measure angles. Fun!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…I created a daily form for Rocket to use for his school. The weekly schedules in Sonlight is a bit overwhelming for him. Today was the first day and he said he like the daily schedule much better.
I am inspired by…Mommas who teach their children year after year and never give up. I am in a co-op with some moms whose children have learning disabilities and hearing the struggles they face daily...yet they keep at it!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…we have a couple extra kiddos this weekend and we are headed up to the top of the mountain tomorrow morning to do a little camping! I love that place. It will be cold up there.
My favorite thing this week was…the chocolate I bought at our local store that is made in Germany from cocoa beans from ECUADOR. It was yummy and I did share with the family. I was thinking that chocolate could possibly be a trigger for my migraines...but I didn't get one after eating a couple pieces. Thank you Jesus! I sure don't want to give chocolate up!
What’s working for us...My sweetheart and I are one month into our habit of going to the gym three times a week at 5:45am. It is a great way to start the day.
Things I’m working on… an ESL booklet, getting the kid's school notebooks ready for the 2nd 6 weeks of school. I can't believe we are starting week 7 next week! I am working on learning Thai too! I don't think I will ever NOT work on that one. Such a difficult language.
I’m reading…the Bible and that is about it! I wish I had time for something else.
I’m cooking…cinnamon rolls for breakfast. YUMMY!
I’m grateful for…our jobs and ministry! So many struggle all around us and yet the Lord has blessed us greatly.
I’m praying for…a friend's husband who has had back pain for a long time...salvation for my sweet helper and many more...for our adoption process(we are waiting on one more background check from the FBI).
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
2 responses:
In response to those "Why Me?" moments we all have now and then, I just read a post on Heart of the Matter Online that you might like. Love the pic of your cat, our kitty always seems to be in the middle of things when we're working and learning:)
"I think most of my problems reside in selfishness...wanting to do things other than teaching my kids."
I think most of us (if not all) suffer from this at times. :-) I know Mondays are the most difficult days for me to do school. There's so many other things I'd rather be doing, like reading people's blog posts. LOL!
Stopping by HMJ. Come by and say hello.
Post a Comment