In my life this week…it was busy! We had OT appointments, piano lessons, Jazz, Little Lady started a new Bible Study at the local international school, I had a neurologist appointment and Hubby taught at his local school for his work permit and then worked the rest of the week on computers. In the midst of all that...we completed week 4 of home school!
In our home school this week...Little Lady is learning about New Zealand and the human body. She started a new book called Blue Skies and Red Sand and we finished The Island of the Blue Dolphin! I can say I LOVE that book! She also studied the urinary system and the respiratory system. We learned some disgusting facts about the urinary system! :) I may just have to share those sometime.
Little Man and I started The Sign of the Beaver as our read aloud and we were studying about different animals this week. We are learning what an amazing creator we have and how much fun he must have had making all the animals!
Little Man and I started The Sign of the Beaver as our read aloud and we were studying about different animals this week. We are learning what an amazing creator we have and how much fun he must have had making all the animals!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…As I am reading our read aloud Little Man has been doing a little day dreaming. When I go to ask him questions he can't answer most of them. I just don't have the time to re-read the chapters to him and the books are too difficult to be read independently....and he needs to be able to comprehend the material. I looked online at audio books so that he could go and listen to the book again if he doesn't listen the first time. They were expensive...anywhere from 10-12 dollars. I looked on Amazon and remembered there is audio on my Kindle. The book was $5 and now he will have to re-listen to the book and answer the questions by writing the answers if he can't answer them when I read to him the first time. Hoping this works!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…this week we are starting back to CO-OP. This is a group of home schooled families who meet together and teach classes for the kids. We participated for a couple months last winter before we went to the States and we loved it. I will be teaching a Bible Storying class to 3rd-5th graders.
My favorite thing this week was…making lasagna for the very first time ever and having the family ohh and ahh over it. I didn't care so much for it. Never have liked lasagna but hey, if they love it I will make it!
Things I’m working on…CO-OP plans...memorize my first story. Finishing my last EFL class this Monday. Trying to come up with something creative to teach sentence structure.
I’m reading…the Bible a little bit of this and that.
I’m cooking…I made a menu for this week! It has been awhile. I am trying to save on our grocery bill so I inventoried what we had in the frig and cabinets and today Hubby and I set out to get only what I needed.
I will be posting my Monday menu on Monday. :)
I will be posting my Monday menu on Monday. :)
I’m grateful for…a pool and weight room we have access to. I am grateful my Hubby is being disciplines and working out 3-4 days a week with me.
I’m praying for…Texas to get rain...fires to cease and those we know who have lost everything. Also praying that I can stop having these migraines. They are really cramping my style!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
A few shots from the week...
A few shots from the week...
Making a model cell. It was Little Man's project but Little Lady couldn't resist giving her assistance!
Making a New Zealand Carving with soap. yes, we play with knives in school!
We had a strong monsoon storm today. I was probably the hardest rain we have had since being here! Little Man just happen to be at the park when it hit...and was drenched by the time he got home!
1 responses:
Great idea to use your Kindle to help out with your son. I've noticed more and more the benefits of technology in homeschooling.
Hope your migraines go away soon. Not fun!
Post a Comment