Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... It is a cool 71 degrees and there is a breeze.  I love this time of the year here.  

I am thinking...how do I motivate my kids to be excited about school.  The newness has worn off.  :)

I am thankful for...for two really amazing kids who love the Lord and who are so helpful around the house.

From the kitchen...there is nothing!  I have not been in a very cooking mood.  I put some "unmentionable" meat out to thaw, so I will come up with something with that.

I am wearing...salwar Kameeze...all cotton and so comfy.

I am creating...a menu for the rest of the week. This really helps me when I am not in the mood to cook. 

I am going...take Savannah for yummy peanut butter ice cream today.  She memorized all of Psalm 115 so she could get this.  Yes, I am one of those Moms who bribe!

I am reading...I just read a book by Karen Kingsbury called Dandelion Dust.  It has been read by quite a few people as a lot of the pages where falling out.  I was so mad when I got to the end and a who section of the ending is missing!  I am still distrubed to figure out what happen to one of the characters in the story.  I am also ready The Secret Life of Bees...so far good, just too many bad words.

I am hoping...that we get answers this week about some things we are praying about .  The Father gave me this very yesterday and it has helped...Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted amoung the nations; I will be exalted in the Earth. Psm 46:10

I am hearing...little squirrels making the highest pitch sound outside my door, a man yelling, construction work and horns in the far distance, little man getting onto his sister.  He thinks he is the daddy of the house. :)

Around the house...We are gearing up for some learning.

One of my favorite things...when my children cuddle with me.

A few plans for the rest of the week: we will spend some time at the orphanage tomorrow and having the kids school friends over this week.  They are missing their classmates.  We are having two couples over for dinner of Friday night.  I am going to make enchiladas, refried beans, spanish rice and cornbread.  For desert I will make a pumpkin dump cake.  I got a couple of the ingredients from people who were moving, I just need to make my own pumpkin pie spice and eagle brand milk. 
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 Little Lady participating in the sock race. 

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters