Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Christian Instruction in the Home

I loved this post off of A Wise Woman Builds Her Home!  The Father has really been impressing on my heart the last couple of years how important my role to my children is.  I have a huge responsibility of raising them to honor and love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind.  
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.
"You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
"You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontal on your forehead.
"You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
(Deu 6:5-9)
We have been so blessed with a wonderful school here that has really done an amazing job teaching our children the Word.  Every subject they study at school has a Believer's stance on it.  Little Man has learned a Proverb every single week this year.  He now know 36 different proverbs.  Yesterday the pastor at church was reading a verse out of Proverbs and Little Man quickly finished if for him.  We will continue to memorize scripture as this will be apart of our home school.  I am so excited to be able to home school my children.  I know there are so many who can't home school and I praise my Father he is giving me this amazing opportunity.

I want to teach the kids about having a daily quiet time.  We will start this next Monday and work on getting into a routine of having this done before anything else.  I hope to buy a couple of journals for them to write their thoughts to God.


I learned from  a family who does storying at the breakfast table every morning.  On Monday the dad tells the story.  On Tuesday the mom tells the story and then the children each get a chance to tell the story that week.  So the same story is being told at least 4-5 times.  Then we can hold each other accountable in telling the stories to friends. 



I realize a lot of what my children learn will come from what they see their father and mother doing.  My life must be that of what I want to pass on to them.  I have to remind myself that someone is always watching, mimicking, and learning!

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters