Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Minute Friday






Join us over at The Gypsy Mama for 5 minutes of writing...no editing, no over-thinking, no back tracking.  Just thoughts in the raw!

Empty
An empty stomach is something I am trying to learn is a good thing.  When fasting my stomach growls and reminds me to pray.  It reminds me that I am weak and am in love with food.  I can honestly say my stomach has never really felt hunger. I can honestly say that makes me sad.  So many people around the world live in a state of hunger.  Dying hunger and I have no idea how they feel.  I hear of the famine that is going on in Africa.  I can hardly understand what those people must feel.  I sometimes think  that if I knew how they felt maybe I would feel more urge to help them to do something for them.  It is too easy to live in a bubble with our full stomachs wondering what it must feel like to be empty.  One day will my stomach ever be truly empty?  Until then I just will try to gain an ounce of perspective by fasting.  I know it will never compare though. 

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters