Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Extremely Busy Week

Last week was amazingly busy!  We started Monday with our last day of Co-op.  It was a great and fun day but exhausting.  Co-op has been such a blessing to us as we have been able to fellowship with other home schooling families.  I am glad though for a break.  Then Monday and Tuesday night the kids performed in a musical they both have been practicing in for three months.  It was a lot of fun! 

On Tuesday afternoon Hubby called and said the adoption people called and said they were coming on Friday to do our home study!  I was not expecting it to be so soon.  I was actually in the middle of spring cleaning and getting ready for a garage sale.  I just had to speed it up a little.  Friday morning we passed out 150 flyers for a kid's club we are starting in our neighborhood this week.  We are inviting all the Thai children to come play games, eat snacks, learn English and hear a Bible story.  We are really excited about this and wonder how many kids will actually show up!  Then Friday afternoon the government representatives for the adoption division came and did a short interview with us and took pictures of us and the house.  After that we headed over to the hospital to start all our physical examination stuff for our insurance company.  We have to do this to get clearance to return home for stateside time.  We spent four hours there and by the time we got home we were exhausted!  Saturday morning we had a garage sale with 3 other families and that was crazy and fun all at the same time!  Thai's are hard bargainers! 

Right as our garage sale was closing down our neighbor across the street, whom we haven't been able to really get to know, quietly called for Hubby to come over.  When he went into their house I knew something had to be wrong.  It is not custom for you to be invited into the homes.  Hubby ran out and yelled for another male friend of ours that was over to come and help.  One of the ladies that lives there was unconscious. And barely breathing.  They both picked her up and carried her to their car.  As they were driving off an elderly lady who also lives there showed us a bee hive.  Then it all made sense.  This lady was having an allergic reaction to the bee stings.  I have no idea how many times she was stung.  We asked her if she wanted the bee hive removed that was right near the entrance to their house.  She said no!  We have learned that they believe the bee hive brings blessings to the house.  They seemed so grateful for the help we gave and I am praying that this will bring us closer to them. 

I spent the afternoon with a friend eating lunch and shopping.  Sunday morning we had to go back to the hospital to do blood work.  We were there at 7:45.  Hubby and I had to fast for it.  Fasting and blood work for my Hubby do not mix.  He ended up on the floor passed out.  I was trying to get him some water and while I was away he fell and hit his head on the floor.  When I returned he was being picked up by a ton of nurses and Rocket was next to him crying.  Sassy was having her blood drawn while all this was happening.  They took Hubby to a bed to lie down and I looked out at Sassy and she was as white as a sheet.  I went over to her and she started crying and said she felt light headed.  I gave her water and put her head in between her knees.  She did not pass out, praise the Lord!  Next time I have to bring orange juice and granola bars! 
We went to the McDonald's that sells breakfast and feasted after all that! 

We spent the rest of the morning with our friends at house church and enjoyed an African stew they had prepared for us.  It was so good!

This afternoon I took a 2 hour nap and boy did I need it after the crazy week we had!
This week we are hoping for some peace and quiet!  

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters