Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook





Outside my window...I have beautiful palm trees.  On the bottom of the lowest branch a couple of birds built a nest a few months back.  I believe the babies have hatched and are long gone by now.  But I still love looking at it.  I watched them build it and both birds worked so hard morning to night bringing in each strand of grass for it.  When the babies were still in there, we would hear them chirping for their momma to bring them a worm.  We learned last year as we studied the animals of the fifth day, that the loudest chirp-er gets the worm! 

I am thinking...I have so much to do today, but the weather is so wonderful.  I just want to take the kids to the night safari and have a picnic!

I am thankful...for winter time in the tropics!  Did I mention how wonderful the weather is?

From the learning rooms...We are learning all things decimal with Ms. Sassy.  Yuck!  But we are getting it.  She has been studying Mongolia too.  She was really amazing me with how much she knows about the history of the eastern hemisphere the other night at dinner.  Rocket is working on multiplication and division and we are starting a George Washington biography today.

In the kitchen...it ia a mess.  I should be doing the dishes and cleaning up, but here I am on the computer.  It is so much more fun here!  I am doing a little research on recipes for getting rid of high cholesterol.  no fun!  We had blood work done last week as apart of our physicals we have to have done every term.  Well, I have borderline high cholesterol.  I know my dad had had it too.  I really feel that I am too young to have it, but I guess it is just a warning to be smart about eating and exercise.  I also had low red and white blood counts.  So I am starting up on the lentils.  My family is going to be sick of them...but hey if they want me around for a long time, they will eat them.  :)

I am wearing...my exercise pants and a cotton t-shirt. I cannot wait to head to America and get some new clothes!  So sick of mine here. 

I am creating...Well, I have had sugar cookie dough in the refrigerator for two day now.  Maybe today we will bake it and decorate it!  I "created" peanut butter crackers dipped in dark chocolate along with dipped pretzels last night.  I learned that you cannot get your chocolate too hot or allow any moisture to get to it either.  My first batch clumped up on me!  My sweetheart was more than willing to eat the clumpy stuff!  Can you believe that his cholesterol test said his was low!!!  That is not fair!

I am going...to enjoy this day!

I am wondering...when I am going to get to do any of my Christmas shopping.  The kids are always with me! 

I am reading...the Laura Bush autobiography.  I am really enjoying it. 

I am hoping...that I might possibly get in a small nap today.  Probably will decorate cookies instead.

I am looking forward to...Our vacation in 4 weeks!  We are going to the beach.  :)

I am hearing...a noising weed eater right outside my window.  The neighbors are having their yard done this morning.

Around the house...two of my favorite people are learning and our little feline is napping.

I am pondering...not much time for pondering.  Maybe next time.

One of my favorite things...when my children are content and joyful.

A few plans for the rest of the week: we will go to OT, we have our yearly immigration appointment this week and I hope the rest of the week will be low key....school, school, and school.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Our very first Kid's Club!

4 responses:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Night Safari/picnic?! Hmm...never heard of one - but sure sounds like fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh... warm weather and a beach vacation sound so nice! Have a great week!

God'schild said...

Hey I enjoyed your Happenings!
Looking at your Kids club and how did you make the angel?

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters