Just enough time to throw my thoughts on here...
I wanted to share about Beauty Secrets of the Bible I recently read.
We had a team of sweet ladies come all the way over here from Georgia to serve for a couple of weeks. One day they gave all the ladies on our team a retreat. It was so fun. I learned so much that day and it was practical stuff!
Ginger Garrett, author of Beauty Secrets of the Bible, came and shared about all she has researched concerning how women in ancient times took care of their beauty needs. She wondered what Esther could have done for one whole year as she was preparing to go before the king. She gave us so many interesting and disgusting facts about make-up and skin products on the market.
There are things in your cosmetic products like turtle oil, chicken embryo, horse blood, pigskin, human placenta, pig brains cow amniotic fluid. The FDA states, "A cosmetic manufacturer may use any raw material in a product and market it without prior FDA approval."
That is just gross!
She shared about how God gave us so many wonderful natural things to use. If you go to her website...GingerGarrett.com you can find so many of her wonderful recipes for beauty homemade beauty products.
I am currently and have been cleaning my face with the milk and oats facial scrub that I made in my kitchen for the past two months! I apply the Honey Tonic to my face twice a day. I was so fascinated about the number of benefits honey has...that must have been the reason the Israelites really wanted to get to the Land of Milk and Honey. If you need something to do...research the benefits of honey...you will be amazed! And finally, when my skin feels dry I use the olive oil moisturizer. It is amazing the difference I feel! You can find all of these recipes on her website and everything you need is right in your kitchen. Her book, Beauty Secrets of the Bible is really good too! I bought mine for my Kindle off of Amazon.
Well, it has been 45 minutes since I started this journal and Little Man is bored out of his mind and wants me to enterain him and I should have started dinner 15 minutes ago! Oh well. I hope you enjoy these beauty secrets as much as I have!
0 responses:
Post a Comment