It was the kid's first train ride. They were excited. I have to admit, I was a bit excited too! We took the overnight train to the capital city. It was an overnight train with 17 kids and 6 adults! We were helping with getting kids down to the capital so they could all take a private bus to camp. Excitement filled the train, as did lots of noise! There was not a lot of sleeping that night. Too much excitement. Those poor Thai people who just happened to be so lucky to get on our car! :) I must say that I was impressed with the train station. It was so calm and there were not a million (literally) people everywhere. (That is the way it is in India) Our beds were nice sized and comfy. We board around 6pm and arrived at 7am. With all 17 kids and 6 adults we took a subway and then on to the sky train and then with all luggage in hand we walked over a kilometer to get to our guest house to eat breakfast. I was impressed with all these campers! There were wonderful cinnamon rolls, fruit, and scrambled eggs waiting for us when we arrived! We all had the opportunity to shower and then Little Man, Hubby and I all said goodbye to Little Lady who was heading off to camp. We headed off to the US Embassy. (more on that later) Here are a few pictures of the train riders!
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pages
Powered by Blogger.
0 responses:
Post a Comment