Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, July 29, 2011

Adoption Update

I just realized I haven't made an update to our adoption process yet.  While we were in Bangkok a few weeks ago one of the main goals was to get our paperwork notarized and get a letter of introduction from our embassy.  Then we could proceed over to the Department of Social Services to turn in all our paperwork that I had been working on for the entire month of June.  We met our social worker and turned all that we needed.  I did forget to pick a piece of paper that we were suppose to take to the police headquarters.  I stressed, lost sleep and prayed about it.  We decided to go on to the police headquarters and worry about the paper later.  We had to get fingerprints done on a card that we had picked up at the Embassy.  That was a messy experience!  When we were finishing up the fingerprint cards I just happen to see a stack of background check forms for the Thai government.  I showed Hubby and told him I thought that was what we were suppose to do. (The piece of paper I forget).  We asked if they would let us do this and they said yes.  It was just the Father helping us take care of it.  We received those in the mail this week!  I stressed and lost sleep for no reason...the Lord knew exactly what we needed.  This weekend we have to sit down and make of list of disabilities we will take. I have been having a hard time thinking about making that list.  You pray throughout your pregnancies to have a healthy child and now I have to tell them what disability I want.  I think it would just be easier to let the Lord pick the child for us.  BUT, our social worker said we have to have a list.  :(  I plan to mail our background checks, disability lists, and a couple of other things and all we do then is wait. 

As we headed to Bangkok, I became very discouraged about the whole process.   The Father was so good to allow me to see his hands all over this.  I know if this process was about me and the Thai government, it wouldn't happen.  I know this is about the Lord our God and his control over this.  As we walk this long and probably emotional journey, I want God to be glorified.  Even in the sad and discouraging moments. I read a verse this morning that I love...

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
(James 1:27)

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters