Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, June 10, 2011

Home School Mother's Journal


In my life this week…we have had Thai class, piano class, guitar class, allergy shots, a couple afternoon swims, an afternoon of loving on orphans and we are down to one more week of 2nd grade and 4th grade!  And...almost all of our adoption paperwork is complete!  Yippee!

In our homeschool this week…we have worked really hard to get to a finishing point.  Next Friday is the big day we graduate from 2nd grade and 4th grade!  We are planning some kind of a fun party!


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…this week we only spent of couple of afternoons at the pool.  We have mostly focused on school.  We will go to a fellowship with our house church on Saturday night and have bbq and games!

My favorite thing this week was…playing with sweet Thai orphans. Boy did I want to take all of them home.  They are just precious!

What’s working...I cut the kids language class from 1 hour to thirty minutes and that had helped Little Man a ton.  An hour was just too long for him to focus.  Now they get one on one with the teacher for 30 minutes each.  It is working much better!

Questions/thoughts I have…I wonder if I need to supplement my LA for my curriculum next year?  I really like what we have been doing so I may just stick with that.  

Things I’m working on…well, I have been redoing my blog.  I love change...ok maybe not all change. But I love to rearrange furniture all the time!  Just ask my sweet Hubby.  He never knows how the house is going to look when he gets home from work.  
Anyways, back to the blog. I have been wanting to learn to do different things on my blog.  It is a huge learning curve for me, but one I have been wanting to dive into!  With the help of some great tutorials out there I hope to make this blog cute and fun and full of personality...all for free!

Books I’m reading…Bible, Journey to the Well (this was an amazing fiction perspective on the life of the Samaritan woman at the well!), and Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman.  Lots of tears were shed while reading that last one!  But worth the read.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters