We are in the land of the free and home of the brave!
It has been 2 years since our feet were last on this wonderful soil.
2 years is really a long time for kids to be away from their home country.
I guess I wasn't really thinking how funny the comments the kids would make would be.
Little Man couldn't believe the bathrooms don't have sprayers near the toilets. In fact this was so distressing for him he has mentioned it one than once! He also commented that the toilets flush much slower. I guess you can tell he has spent some time in the bathroom since we landed. Our tummies are having to get use to the bacteria here again.
Little Lady has only mentioned that the people at the grocery store were all overweight. I just told her we would be there in just a few weeks with all this glorious food. Speaking of food...oh my! A loaf of bread here is nearly $3. I bought just a few things to get by on and my bill was $35!
So I guess two years has been a long time for this mamma too!
Ahhh, reverse culture shock!
0 responses:
Post a Comment