Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook December


Outside my window...it's raining!  Praising the Father for this.  It has been so hot lately and quite honestly I haven't been in the Christmas mood!  Maybe, just maybe, I will get in the baking mood since it is cool today. 

I am thinking...that we are really ready for a major break from home school!

I am thankful for...a beautiful home, a rainy day, and beautiful kids whom I get to teach each and every day!

From the learning rooms...we are continuing with our regular curriculum but I have added in to the learning process a little bit of advent activities to prepare our hearts for the celebration of our Jesus' birth.  I hope to get a post up about how we are going about this soon.

From the kitchen...I haven't cooked much this week... we have had some stomach stuff going on.  I thought it was a virus but now I am leaning towards something more like e-coli.   Little Lady and I have had it the hardest and haven't hardly eaten all week.  Yesterday I did get in the kitchen and cook a banana and blueberry bread loaf and I attempted to make a batch of cinnamon rolls...I say attempted because I burnt them!  I mean I burnt them BAD!  I am disgusted with myself and hope today to redeem myself by making a new batch and NOT going upstairs and getting on the computer and burning them up. 


I am wearing...my wonderful warm workout pants and a t-shirt.  Not that I plan on working out but they are great for lounging too. 

I am creating...nothing...haven't been in a creative mood lately. :)

I am going...to enjoy just being home today with the rain drizzling outside.  We are going to the beach the week of the 1st!!  I am really excited about this.  Hubby will be working on computers the whole week and I will be doing VBS with kiddos who live in very remote hard to live places.  Hoping to get to love on them and bless them.  Also, hoping to spend some time just relaxing by the water in the evenings.  :)

I am reading...the Bible.  I am reading through prayers of the Bible and of course preparing my heart for Christmas. I started reading a book Little Lady has been begging me to read called Indian Captive...The Story of Mary Jemison.  This is really a GOOD book.  She read it over the summer and it is her favorite all time book and I think I may end of being one of mine too!

I am hoping...that those around me will know my Jesus and know what he did for them.  I am hoping that we are a light for them.

I am hearing...rain and Christmas music playing on the computer!

Around the house...the kids are doing school work, the Christmas tree is lit up, their are lots of dishes that need done...my house is fairly.  I hired a lady to come in twice a week to clean and yesterday was her day. It is wonderful!  I still miss my sweet Jessy in India!  How I loved her!

One of my favorite things...I love that we have two Thai restaurants in the neighborhood, just within walking distance and I do not have to cook every night.  I love that I do no have to cook dinner tonight as Hubby is picking up pizza on the way. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Bake cookies for the neighbors and co-workers in Hubby's office and finish up shopping.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 responses:

Grandma in Texas said...

This is the cutest picture of both Caleb and Mittens. I have never see a cat sleep sitting up before. Caleb is really concentrating on his reading. He seems unaware of your picture taking!

How is Mittens doing now, since the accident? Can he walk without falling over yet?

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters