Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happenings

I don't really get on here any more and just post about daily life here.  So today is a post about our week.  I feel like we live in a mini America because life is so fast paced!  I can't figure out where my time goes. Hubby usually leaves between 8 and 8:30 to head to the office.  The kids and I usually start school around the same time.  We have one vehicle so the kids and I are stuck at home while Hubby is away.  That is a good thing because I save money that way and I come home with animals when he lets me have the car.  :)  On days that I really want the car I can take him to work or he catches a ride with someone.  We have several families here in our neighborhood, so carpooling is convenient.  Hubby is also working on getting his motorcycle license and we are going to buy our friend's motorcycle.  It is not the safest or greatest option but at least it will give me a couple of days with the car.  Our friend is selling his motorcycle after breaking his arm on it!  I wonder if we are just crazy or have lived overseas too long! :) 

We have needed to get our driver's license for awhile now.  Yesterday we scheduled out time to go and do it.  We thought we had all our paperwork in order.  Once we found the building and finally found the right person to go to we realized that one of the papers was not the original and they had to have the original.  So they sent us to immigration at a completely different place!  When we walked in there must have been a hundred people there and it was only a little after 8:30!  I thought we were going to be there all day.  It only took about an hour and we were on our way back to the DL place.  Once we got all our paperwork turned in, Hubby had to go and make double copies because he was getting a car and motorcycle license.  We had to take some silly tests and then I was on my way to getting my license.  Hubby had to go and watch a long boring movie and come back later to take a motorcycle test.  I thought he was awful brave to take a test when he has never been on a bike before!  I had no problems getting my license because I still have a week until my Texas one expires and that made it easy.
So, today is the next day and Hubby still needs to test on a motorcycle and on a car because his Texas license is expired!!!  Last night he was so frustrated.  This weekend he is going to practice driving a motorcycle and go back and test again.  But, I am now legal and can get the Thai citizen discounts on all the fun touristy places now.  We live about 5 minutes from the Night Safari and we have been once about two years ago.  We are dying to go back and now we can for cheap!

The whole time we were getting our DL I was sick!  I have had fever, body aches, sore throat and a cough.  We came home about noon and I took meds and headed to bed.  I slept most of the afternoon and felt a little better.  Since I wasn't feeling well, we went up to the local market to eat dinner!  I can't believe how cheap it was.  We all ate for about $6 and even got two banana rotis.  I even found black eyed peas from a little man.  I was so excited!  So now I know what one thing will be for dinner tonight!

Home school is calling my name or at least a kid who is suppose to be home schooling....better go!

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters