A party just isn't a party without a muscle flexing contest!
And a wrestling contest.
Making this cake was a full family affair...the kids helped with mixing all the colors for the frosting, Hubby drew the Luigi from a picture on the internet, and I did all the frosting. I wanted Mario but Little Man insisted it be Luigi and it was his birthday after all.
One thing about this country...fun is more important than safety! I thought these candles would be more cool than the plain oh boring candles we normally use. Well, I failed to read the package and it says..."For outdoor use only"....lots of other rules..."light fuse and get away!" Hubby didn't think we should light these inside on the cake we had just worked so hard on! We aren't spending much time outside in the evenings with all the dengue going around either, so moving the cake outside wasn't an option. Luckily I had some boring small candles and we played it safe.
Below is what they call a party popper. We love these things. They make a huge mess but are so much fun for 30 seconds. I love the look on Little Man's friend's face. They are pretty loud when you pop it.
Of course, we can't be American without opening our presents at the party. I can't seem to convince the kids to follow the Indian tradition of not opening the presents at the party but waiting until all the guests go home.
We ate pizza, watched movies and tried to stay up all night. Only to pass out around midnight! Maybe when Little Man is nine he can make it all night. :)
1 responses:
Yhat look like about the best birthday party ever!!!!!! The cake was awesome!!! I really loved the flexing and wrestling!!!!What fun!!! Sure did moss being with you all. Love
Post a Comment