Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's not easy...

I knew homeschooling the kids would not be easy. I have had freedom this year to do whatever I wanted within the hours of 8-3. I have been in school myself and available to do outside ministry. Hubby and I took nice lunch dates whenever we wanted.
But now, not so easy! I love it, but now realize that home schooling is going to require more of me dying to myself. Putting my selfish desires away and really giving more of me to my children. I know when they are grown I will look back on these years and wish them back and oh what precious memories we are making.

We are just beginning this home school journey so we are having to retrain our brains as to what learning is. Learning can take place anywhere, not just behind a desk with a book. Home schooling I am sure looks different for every family. We are at the stage of trying to see what this looks like for us! Self-discipline is something I want to instill in my children. I have to realize that self discipline comes with maturity too. Little lady is really good about completing her work pretty much independently with a little help here and there. I have to remind myself that Little Man needs a little more time and help focusing. Yesterday I was ready to take him to a doctor and get him on some meds! :) Thankfully Hubby was here and said he just needs some "Come to Jesus" time. And sure enough he really didn't need the meds!

I know that one thing home school will require of me is to pray more for my children and for my parenting skills. I read an article on gentleness this morning and I love the way it tenderly convicted me. It seems that every time I read this blog I go away feeling convicted yet know the Father is working on my heart through it. It spoke on gentleness and today I will work on be aware of my gentleness with my family.

1 responses:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

After having homeschooled our three kids for a total of 17 years I can certainly identify with all you've said. It does take up all your time. It is hard in many respects. But you are so right that when they are grown up you will look back and realize how glad you are you did it! I've never regreted it and we have three very smart, very well balanced grown up kids. You will do well. God will be near you.

I also really enjoyed reading about the zoo and looking at all the pics.

Blessings,

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters