Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

We can have him for free...

This evening the kids and  I needed to go down to the chemist (that means pharmacy here) to get Little Lady some cold medicine and Little Man some cough medicine.  As we were walking, one of the little neighborhood beggar boys began to follow us.  He pointed at the fruit stand near our house.  In Kannada I told him I would go and come back in one minute. He continued to follow us.  He then said, "Ice cream!" So I asked him if he wanted ice cream and he gave me the sweetest little smile ever. As we passed the store I told him one more minute and we went next door to the chemist.  We got our meds as this sweet little boy looked through the glass doors.  When we left I told him to come and we went inside the store.  At first he stood at the edge of the store as most store workers won't let these little children in. I insisted that he come in with us. I honestly think this may have been his first time into a store.  Little Lady, Little Man and I took this sweet boy to the ice cream freezer and then to the cookie isle and told him to pick whatever he wanted.  He immediately began to open his ice cream to eat and Little Man told him to wait.  We paid and then began to leave the store.  He was content.  As we told him bye and walked away Little Man said, "Momma, we can take him home for free!"  Then Little Lady said, "Let's adopt him!"  HA!  If only it were so easy to take these little street children in and love on them and keep them.  As I thought back on this evening's little walk, I realized that my children had been so wrapped up in loving on this little boy, neither of them asked for anything in the store.  We bought one ice cream and one package of biscuits and they were so sweet to think only of helping him and not themselves.  Makes a momma's heart glad to see her children sharing Jesus with those around them.

On the way back, they were blessed by the fruit walla.  I stopped to buy eggs and he gave the kids both a hand full of one of our most favorite fruits called Litchees.  I will write a whole seperate post on that later!

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters