Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We give it a 3!

Hubby and I were out walking around this afternoon looking for him some new shirts. He is looking for a new style. He never wants a new style but for some reason he is sick of his clothes! Buying clothes for myself I love, mainly because there are so many styles, patterns and colors to choose from. But it was not as much fun today! We went to 4 different stores until we finally found some styles and sizes that worked. As we were walking I found some eggplant and remember I had a new recipe from here that I wanted to try. I came home and threw it together. Here are the veggies right before roasting....

Here it is once I pureed everything and mixed it with the noodles. I had to change several things. I didn't have cherry tomatoes so I use regular Roma tomatoes and I didn't have roasted pine nuts, so I used roasted peanuts. And I added some extra mushrooms which the recipe didn't call for.
It was funny because I took a survey at the end of the meal and asked the kids and hubby to rate the meal on a scale of 1 to 5. 1 being yuck, I never want to eat it again and 5 being yummy, let's have this all the time. You should have seen their faces. We have really been intentional the past couple of weeks about making them eat everything. I have made sure they didn't have too much of something and have expected them to eat it all. I also haven't let them tell me their opinion about the food unless it was positive, so tonight when I asked them to tell me it they liked it or not, they were very confused! I think they thought is was a trap!! I then explained to them that I found this recipe off the Internet and wanted their honest opinion on it, even if it is negative. At this point they had already finished all their food. Little Man said it was a 0 on a scale of 1 to 5. The neat thing is that he ate all his food right up and didn't complain. Little Lady said it was 3, as Hubby and I rated it at about a 3 also. It didn't have a lot of flavor. I think if I make it again I will put more tomatoes, chili flakes and cook the noodles in chicken broth and use that to add to the puree. I will also add onions since they will be pureed the family won't even know they are in there!
Over all this was good, but doubt I would make it the same again. I would definitely change up a few things.

1 responses:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! I made this same meal! I think Adam would have rated it a "3" too! It didn't have much flavor... I did the recipe differently too, but still wasn't that great... not sure what to do to make it better - it has so much potential! :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters