Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

One Year Ago This Day!

It was one year ago this day we arrived in our new home land of South Asia. I remember as we got off the airplane and exited the airport. It was 4:30am and the night was still upon us. I took deep breaths as we stood waiting for our ride. It is amazing how smells can bring back so many memories!

There is a distinct smell in South Asia. Our first few days in Bangladesh I remember wondering and verbalizing how in the world was I ever going to able to get over the smell. It was just awful at that point in my life. I had a hard time getting over the grief of our goodbyes we had just had a few days before. Cultural shock was heavily upon me. The Lord comforted me and soon enough I never even notice the smell.

But this time last year, it was different. The smell reminded me of where my heart had been left two years before. To most, the smell isn't something wonderful, but to me on that early morning, I knew that smell was just for me! With it came all the memories of the past and a definite reminder that I had surrendered my life to follow the Most High, whatever the smell.

Like before, within a couple of days, the smell was gone. But what isn't gone is the fact that I know I am right where the Lord wants me...next to him, serving and growing!

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters