Yesterday was fun. We are in the middle of this program that causes us to get out and experience culture at its best and sometimes worst! Yesterday we had some dear friends call us and ask if we wanted to take a bus to one the busiest shopping places in our town. Well of course we are always up for an adventure. Taking a bus is also one of our assignments. Caleb was all game, but Savannah said she didn't want to do it. :) She knows how crowded the buses usually are! We drug her along anyways. We caught a bus in our friend's neighborhood and it took us all the way to the shopping area. We spent some time just looking and shopping while we were there. It was so hot and crowded and just a little overwhelming! We shopped for probably an hour or so and then decided to get back on the bus to head to our friend's house. This time I got to sit next to a sweet Mus-lim lady. She was fun to talk to. She is a widow, Mus-lim, has two children, works in a chocolate factory that she never get to taste, and struggles to live as a widow, speaks Kannada, English, Urdu, Hindi (her mother tongue) and Tamil and is completely lost without a Savior!
She asked me how much I spent on some of the things I had bought, she asked me how much my salary was! People here are so bold in their questions. I have learned how to answer without lying and without giving an answer! :)
Once we were back at our friend's we all collapsed on the sofas, floors, or wherever we could. It was a fun experience but exhausting! Then we had some of the most wonderful chicken rolls ever! We then took an insane and reckless auto rickshaw home, where he had to squeal the brakes two times and had about 5 near misses!
The day ended with the discovery of my ever so sweet baby realizing he has a loose tooth! There was lots of squealing and excitement at our house over this new discover. I remember how painful (for the parents) to get all those little pearly gems in! Now it is time for them to all start falling out. He is thrilled!


Dinner Time!!


She asked me how much I spent on some of the things I had bought, she asked me how much my salary was! People here are so bold in their questions. I have learned how to answer without lying and without giving an answer! :)
Once we were back at our friend's we all collapsed on the sofas, floors, or wherever we could. It was a fun experience but exhausting! Then we had some of the most wonderful chicken rolls ever! We then took an insane and reckless auto rickshaw home, where he had to squeal the brakes two times and had about 5 near misses!
The day ended with the discovery of my ever so sweet baby realizing he has a loose tooth! There was lots of squealing and excitement at our house over this new discover. I remember how painful (for the parents) to get all those little pearly gems in! Now it is time for them to all start falling out. He is thrilled!
Dinner Time!!
3 responses:
yosa
Looks like alot of fun. More photos of kiddos mine and yours.
por favor
Love Mom
Love the picture of Shannon.He looks good.
Love Mom
Post a Comment