As I look at my clock, you have got to be kidding me. Two little girls giggling and talking and it is only 5:45 am! Thoughts run through my head...Savannah will never have another friend stay the night...should I yell at them to get quite...maybe they will go back to sleep. It's summer time, sleep in ladies! I awoke at 8:20 with these two sweet girls completely dressed telling me they are starving. What kind of mother am I? I should have been up at least a couple of hours making a delicious breakfast. I reply, "You know where the bowls, cereal, milk and bananas are."
Kids fed, Bible read, prayed, and ready to begin my day. First thing, head to the nearby store to find Mayonaise before my husband heads out for his language session. As I am walking out of our building, my wonderful, now I know how much I need her, house helper calls and says she needs to come in late. Something about her boy's school.... I still have trouble understanding her English. She says she will come at 1 or 2pm. OK, just please come! I go to my beloved bazaar that is a 10 minute walk from our house. Eggless mayonaise, pure 100% vegetarian, the only one on the shelf. Wonder what it tastes like? I have no choice, just buy it. I came for mayo and left with two bags full of goodies! The man at the register now knows I live in the nearby apartment complex and tells his cashier to carry my bags for me. I am so honored and appreciative but I can handle these two bags myself. I thank him much. Half way home, arms cramping, I wonder why I did accept his offer.
Children swim, fellowship with another mother in my building, take sweet little friend back to her home, children feed, time for rest. I wonder if my helper is really coming or maybe I should go ahead and do that mountain of dishes myself? I decide to call, "No, madam, I am not coming, tomorrow." Oh, no, now I have to do all those dishes and sweep and mop the floors! We have guest coming in three hours. I really can mop, sweep and washing my own dishes! I can even bake brownies in the middle of all that! Friends arrive, we order Papa John's pizza and pig out! Great fellowship, great food, time with a sweet 20 month old little girl, can't get much better than that.
Oh, the little man of mine is having his first sleep over tonight too. Wonder what I will be thinking at 5:45am in the morning?
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pages
Powered by Blogger.
1 responses:
I remember mornings like this. They usually followed nights of little sleep. Enjoy these moments. Soon your sweet chldren will be grown and their children will be having sleep overs. May you and your family be blessed.
Janis
Post a Comment