Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Shopping

This past Saturday we met Auntie and Uncle in the downtown shopping area of our city. What FUN! Here are a few pictures of the fun...

Here's our family in front of my favorite bakery. They have the most amazing coconut biscuits!

Auntie and Savannah.
A sweet little boy selling spices. So sad that many of them begin working at such a young age!

Just a few views of the busy streets we had to walk down!

Here I am in the flower market. These flower garlands are used in Hindu worship of their gods.C & S in front of the fresh herbs! I love all the fresh herbs. I am learning to cook with many of them.

Those are lemons in the baskets. Behind the lemon stand on the opposite side there is the chicken, duck, geese, turkey, goat, and fish stall. This is where some come to get dinner. The animals looked very unhealthy.
At the end of our shopping trip we decided to take autos and find a restraunt called The Only Place. It got it's name because it use to be the only place you could get beef. We had a difficult time finding it. Our auto guy let us out in the wrong part of the area, so we walked and walked and walked and still could not figure out where this place was. This picture was taken when the driver was at another auto talking with Shannon and Uncle. They were trying to figure out where we were wanting to go! SO Caleb jumped in and I took a quick picture!!! I think he makes a handsome auto driver!!!
We finally made it to The Only Place. We called the restraunt and they sent a manager for us and he walked us to the restraunt. We weren't that far from it. Now that is what I call service!!!

2 responses:

David Pope said...

It was good to see Auntie ... tell Uncle we said, "Hello!"

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Awesome service!! What a cool auto driver!!! Fun post :)

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters