Wednesday, March 4, 2009
It may be the heat or just culture shock...
They said it would come. I think it is here. I just can't decided if it is the summer time heat or culture shock. It feels funny to write the words "culture shock". I don't feel that I am in shock. I just miss home. I just miss my family. I really miss American food! Thank goodness the culture shock and the heat are not suppose to last too long! Even though I have been feeling a little down and out...I had the best day of my whole time here yesterday!! I spent the morning actually getting to the place we wanted to go and found some cute things for my home. Then I spent the afternoon in a Bible study with Kannada speaking women! They are women from many different backgrounds... Catholic, Pentecostal, Baptist, etc. They all came together to study the Word. It reminded me of CBS! Last night we went to a national's house. They have an orphanage and they threw a surprise party for a friend. It was so wonderful to be around all those children who are so full of the Love of our Father! Even though I have struggles, I feel completely blessed beyond measure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pages
Powered by Blogger.
2 responses:
Hey Sweet Child,Your are held up to the Father in a special way. I already love those precious neighbors of yours.
Love Mom
I think that culture shock & heat tend to go hand in hand :) haha! We don't call it culture shock though - we call it "culture funk" :) That's what it is to us... we just sometimes get in a culture funk! Sounds like you have lots of awesome things and people to take your mind off of the funk and thinks you're missing :) You guys ROCK!!!!
Post a Comment