Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, January 16, 2009

House Hunting


Well, today has been an interesting one! We got up this morning with two well kids (they were both throwing up yesterday morning). We decided we wanted to take an auto rickshaw to the kid's school. We got one and he was an amazing driver. He wasn't aggressive at all! It took us about 30 minutes to get to the school. We registered the kids for school and they will start on Monday. We are going to put Caleb in the 1st grade class because the Kindergarten only has preschool age in it. He is so excited to be in 1st grade. :) We came home with the same driver. Then we got another rickshaw to went up to the closest shopping area. We ate at Pizza Hut(oh, it was so good). Then we did some grocery shopping. Shopping here is interesting. You can't buy too much because you have to carry it all back on public transportation.

Now to the fun part of the day....we went house hunting. The local grocer said he knew of some places. He took us to a home that was very "Indian". It had a little closest like room were they did their daily pooja. My thoughts...interesting but not my style. The second house was still being cemented on the inside. They promised 10 days...yea right! The third place was pretty nice. The kids loved it because it had stairs. I didn't like it because it was on a very noisy street. So we came home. About 20 minutes later a Realtor called and wanted to show us a place. So we loaded back into the car and drove to another area of town. This place was huge. It reminded me of a castle or a dungeon. I can't quite decide. Anyways, the apartment was awful! The insided reminded me of a prison. Mold was all over the bathrooms and kitchen. At one point to I had to hide to laugh. It was crazy. I wish I could have taken pictures, but I didnt' want to offend the man showing us. Needless to say, today was an adventure! I wonder what tomorrow holds. :)

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters