Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Hospitality


This is a subject that I have been thinking a lot about lately. Mainly because I want to become more hospitable. I want to have a home that is inviting for people to come into and feel "at home". I have so much to learn from the culture into which I will be moving in a mere 4 months. Life is simple and friendship and fellowship are blessings to enrich the day!

I have a cookbook called "Once-a-Month Cooking". It has many verses from the Bible that have to do with serving others. (by the way, I don't cook once a month, that would be too organized for me)

Sirs, he said, "please don't go any further. Stop awhile and rest here in the shade of this tree while I get water to refresh your feet, and a bite to eat to strengthen you. Do you stay awhile before continuing your journey." Abraham, Genesis 18:3-5

Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay for the night.
1 Peter 4:9

For God, who gives seed to the farmer to plant and later on, good crops to harves and eat, will give you more and more seed to plant and will make it grow so that you can give away more and more fruit from your harvest. 2 Corinthians 9:10

In order for me to accomplish hospitality in my home I need to live out these verses...

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27

She is like the merchant ships, bring her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. Proverbs 31:14-15

Be wise in the way you act. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt. Colossians 4:5a, 6

The eyes of all look to you, and give you them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. Psalm 145:15-16

My goal is to host one family a week in my home for dinner or lunch until we depart. I am starting with a Hispanic family next week that are interested in Missions and want to talk to us.

more to come on this topic....I am reading another great book on this subject~

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters