Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1OwKjflHJ
Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Simple but not so simple

You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I tell you, don't resist an evildoer. On the contrary, if anyone slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. As for the one who want to sue you and take away your shirt, let him have your coat as well, and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go two with him. Give to the one who asks you, and don't turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. Matt. 5:38-42

This sounds so good when I read it. BUT, in reality it isn't so easy. I am commanded to turn and be slapped on the other check. My flesh instantly wants to fight back. I am commanded to give more than what people want. I live in a greed infested society and sadly I have become infested myself. I am commanded to travel the extra mile. I am so willing to travel a mile with someone BUT TWO MILES. Especially when they ask for only one! I am commanded to give to the one who always asks. Even if it is not convenient or within my comfort zone! And never turn away the one who wants to borrow!

These are a lot of truths I am commanded to do. Please Father help me to seek and surrender these areas of my life to you.

0 responses:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Counters